In this modern era, managing documents is as important as managing employees and projects . It usually happens that organizations are loaded with Paperworks and documents and this is when they face the major issues to search the relevant documents when required . Organizations also need to maintain some confidentiality for, which document can be viewed by which person and further what are his/her rights to share those documents with others . These all functions become cumbersome , when done physically .
A Document Management System (DMS) is a system (a digital program which manages all types of documents) used to store or archive, track or retrieve & manage the pile of documents. It comprises of keeping version control of documents & track history about the document modifications
Statistics by Gartner Group :
- Most office workers lose up to 500 hours a year, looking for documents.
- On average, professionals spend 50% of their time looking for information.
- The average organization:
- Spends $20 in labor to file each document.
- Spends $120 in labor finding each misfiled document.
- Loses 1 out of every 20 documents.
- Spends 25 hours re-creating each lost document
The solution for above is docManager™ with following features:
- STORAGE LOCATION: The documents can be stored centrally in a systematic way, so that it can be
retrieved whenever required.
- CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT: This helps in Version Controlling the documents during simultaneous
- LOCKING / UNLOCKING: This Locks the document access for the other user but will be viewed
by the owner.
- Tagging the Document
- Commenting the Document
- Email Notification
- Stamps & Signature
- SEARCH: Find documents and files in seconds.
- SHARE: Allow more than one user to view the documents at same time
- VERSION CONTROL: Version control gives you the ability to manage document change and revision. done for particular documents.
- AUDIT: Verify who viewed and made updates to the documents.
- ARCHIVING: Automatically archive the documents which are not in use after its expiration.
- DOCUMENT CAPTURE & MANAGEMENT : Centralize paper documents & electronic files and access them with one familiar interface from all work stations in your office
- DOCUMENT SECURITY: Extremely flexible user and group based security along with many system
level rights .User and Folder based ‘Ownership Overrides’ allow administrators to retain ownership
of documents for specified users or folders. Separate export rights prevent unauthorized export of
information out of system.
Use of DRM (Digital Rights Management) to secure Documents.
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY INTEGRATION: Integration with Microsoft Active Directory allows users to
login to Docs-vault using their Windows login name and password eliminating the need for
remembering separate passwords.
- BUILT-IN REPORTS: Powerful built-in reports are available for Administrator to get insight and
useful data related to documents, users and other important business processes.
- WORKFLOW: Replicate your document centric business processes to make them more streamlined,more accurate and less time consuming. Automate repeatable processes like account payable, leave applications, order processing, purchase authorizations, etc
- WORKFLOW HIERARCHY MANAGEMENT : Manage documents viewing and editing rights,
according to the hierarchy followed in your organisation. Add / Remove members in the
departments for managing workflow in the organisation .
- DOCUMENT RELATIONS: Users can set many-to-many relations between documents. Document
Relations allow grouping and easy access of documents filed in different locations throughout the
- RECORDS RETENTION MODULE : Create retention policies for different types of documents and dispose them in accordance with local laws and industry standards. Manage the entire life cycle of physical records and digital documents – from its safe storage, classification, circulation to its final authorized disposition.
- PERSONAL USER WORKSPACES : Quickly access your recently accessed, checked out, imported and created documents as well as your favourite files and folders.
- DOCUMENT PREVIEWS : Preview contents of all common file formats (Word, Excel, Emails, Tiff, PDF, images, Audio, Video) without their native applications
- CLOUD BASED : Access to your Documents at your fingertips anytime.